Optimization Project home page.
Welcome to the Demo TutorialThis demo, developed to show the capabilities of optimization techniques, is a front end to the ODBTools programs. You can introduce a new schema (either by typing a schema or by sending your own ODL schema description file), validate it and then optimize queries.
Schema Validation function (under construction)
- Type a new schema in the ODL language
- Validate schema coherence and minimality with respect to the inheritance and aggregation hierarchy.
- View the schema inheritance and aggregation hierarchy
- Alternatively, it is possible to use the Storage Company and University Database examples
Semantic Query Optimization function
- Type a new query in the OQL language (or send it as a file) related to the validated schema
- Compute query optimization
- View the query inheritance and aggregation hierarchy with respect to the schema
- Some example queries related to the Storage Company and University Database schemas are available.
for suggestions write to firstname.lastname@example.org